Krioukov Academy Study goals
- Arrange and assemble a portfolio for entry exams in American or European university
- Get new and full experience of working with modern techniques and materials
- Learn more about up-to-date trends and approaches in modern art
- Know how to communicate with gallerists and potential clients
Summer school Krioukov Academy 2018 is open in August.
Courses take place at the school from Monday till Friday and lasts for 26 academic hours per week (hours for galleries and exhibitions visits and for self-studying are not included).
The study process is based on five classic subjects:
graphics, nude, painting, color theory, composition.
The accents of our program are to find out the main differences between European, Russian and Chinese art schools, demonstrate their peculiarities and entry requirements and help students to create portfolios acceptable by the target university.
Studying with us at Krioukov Academy this summer you acquire knowledge and skills in the following topics:
- Large format painting
- Free drawing and sketches
- Own art style development
- Methods and techniques necessary for a modern painter
- Concept creation and abstract thinking
- Paintings set for galleries and entry exams exhibitions
In addition to the main program you will gain knowledge in:
- Modern art and design market: it’s structure, rules and peculiarities
- Education in fine arts in Europe vs Russia and Asia. How to apply?
- Fine arts universities in Germany: requirements, portfolio review preparation process
- How to communicate with potential clients and galleries
To enrich the main program we have prepared the lists of:
- Berlin city and regional galleries and museums recommended to visit during your free time
- Tasks for self-practice to enhance the goals of the individual study program
Our special bonus is a plain air study once a week where we learn to make sketches of the urban scene and its lively components (people, animals) using various technics (pencils, charcoal, water colors, acrylic paints). We will sketch and paint in parks and castles of Berlin and its neighborhood.
If your study goal is to prepare a portfolio and to apply to a university, your study program will be constructed and adapted individually according to the university requirements, results of the portfolio preview and individual interview.
The final part of the program includes the exhibition held at a real gallery, where the teachers and painters will evaluate the students’ works. At the end of the exhibition students will receive the certificates.
We provide the certificates of further professional education in which all the attended lectures will be listed.
In 2018 the program is taking place in:
July: 02.07.18 – 31.07.18
August: 01.08.18 – 30.08.18
1 month 750 Euro
2 month 1350 Euro
All the necessary materials are already included in the price except for the large-size canvas. If needed they are payed for separately.